Child Sexual Exploitation
Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
- Our Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) Toolkit (DOC, 1.1 MB) has been developed to help professionals in all agencies assess whether a child for whom they have a concern is at risk of harm through sexual exploitation
- Kent and Medway Child Sexual Exploitation procedures (PDF, 723.6 KB)
- Kent and Medway CSE Strategy (DOC, 599.0 KB)
- Child Sexual Exploitation Action Plan (XLSX, 19.3 KB)
- Child Sexual Exploitation Toolkit %asset_summary_53111
Risks, Threats and Vulnerabilities Tier 1 Checklist
This Checklist is for frontline practitioners who are not experienced at undertaking assessments, and provides a list of possible risk indicators which may be helpful in identifying safeguarding concerns. This Checklist should then form part of a discussion with your Safeguarding lead to decide on what actions will be taken by your organisation. It is not intended to replace the referral form either to Specialists Childrens Services or Early Help, but may be used to support a referral, if appropriate.
- Risks, Threats and Vulnerabilities Tier 1 Checklist - Published October 2016 (DOCX, 322.6 KB)
- Risks, Threats and Vulnerabilities Checklist Background Information (DOC, 61.5 KB)
CSE Intelligence Form
Where a CSE concern has been identified, this form is to be used to provide intelligence to the police in order to obtain a better understanding of local CSE concerns and issues. On completion the form is to be submitted to the Multi-Agency Child Sexual Exploitation Team (CSET) Cse.email@example.com .
CEOP Command (formerly the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre) works with child protection partners across the UK and overseas to identify the main threats to children and coordinates activity against these threats to bring offenders to account.
Operation Willow Posters
Kent has recently launched a campaign to raise awareness of child sexual exploitation. The posters below, for a range of settings, promote this campaign including warning signs and contact details.
Joint Targeted Area Inspections (JTAI)
The thematic report from the last round of JTAI has been published and can be downloaded below: