Youth Mental Health First Aid Two Day (Headstart)
The Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) two day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
By the end of this course Youth Mental Health First Aiders will have:
- An understanding of young people's mental health and factors that affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that's through self-help site, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix - engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate.
- Ability to support a young person with a long-term mental health issue or disability to thrive.
- Tools to look after their own mental wellbeing.
Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Youth Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Everyone who completes the course gets an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it,a badge and a certificate
This training is provided on behalf of Headstart (https://www.headstartkent.org.uk)
Thursday 17th October and Friday 18th October 2019 - 9:30am-4:30pm - Thanet - Book Here
Tuesday 22nd October and Wednesday 23rd October 2019 - 9:30am-4:30pm - Thanet - Book Here
Monday 4th November and Tuesday 5th November 2019 - 9:30am-4:30pm - Maidstone - Book Here
Tuesday 19th November and Wednesday 20th November 2019 - 9:30am-4:30pm - Dover - Book Here
Monday 2nd December and Tuesday 3rd December 2019 - 9:30am-4:30pm - Tonbridge and Malling - Book Here
Monday 27th April and Tuesday 28th April 2020 - 9:30am-4:30pm - Dover - Book Here
Monday 14th September and Tuesday 15th September 2020 - 9:30am-4:30pm - Tonbridge and Malling - Book Here
Monday 9th November and Tuesday 10th November 2020 - 9:30am-4:30pm - Dover - Book Here